Ada Township Parks and Recreation aims to provide a variety of programming opportunities and events for the community by partnering with other local organizations, providing programming space and resources, as well as offering our own programs and events. Take a look below to find something that you may be interested in, and visit our registration page to learn more and sign-up!
Sports & Fitness Programs
- 2023 Ada Township Softball League - Season underway! May - August
- Ada Cascade AYSO Youth Soccer Program (Fall & Spring Seasons available) INFO & REGISTRATION.
- Summer Outdoor Yoga Series beginning June 12th (Mondays|9am| Roselle Park Lawn) REGISTER HERE
- Pickleball Tournament - Save the date! July 29th & 30th. REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
- Youth Tennis Clinics - Session I (June 12th, 19th, 26th), Session II (July 10th, 17th, 24th), Session III (July 31st, August 7th, 14th)
- Zig Zag Ultimate - Youth & Adult Ultimate Frisbee (Fall/Spring/Summer Seasons) INFO & REGISTRATION
- Grand Rapids Triathlon - June 10th & 11th INFO & REGISTRATION
Enrichment & Stewardship Programs
- Nature & Landscape Phone Photography Workshop - Sat, May 20th (9:30a-10:30a) REGISTER HERE
- Ada Township Photography Club - Free Informational Session on Thur, April 27th at the AVA Library (6:30p-7:30p)
- Youth Programming Days: Sports Field Day, June 6th (9a-12p) | Michigan Wildlife Day, July 27th (9a-12p) | Pioneer Day, August 3rd (9a-12p) REGISTER HERE
Community & Special Events
- Music On The Lawn: Wednesday's 7p-9p at Legacy Park from June 14th - August 23rd (*no concert on July 5th*)
- Beers at the Bridge: June 16th, July 21st, August 18th (*New location at Legacy Park for 2023)
- 4th Of July Celebration: July 4th, 2023. Events throughout the day.
- More information on Ada Township Events can be found on the EVENTS PAGE, or by visiting our FACEBOOK PAGE
School Based Programs
Opportunities for PreK-12 schools include guided field trips in the Parks, service learning projects, and rental of park facilities. For details, curriculum, fees if applicable, and scheduling, please contact the Park office.
Boy and Girl Scout Programs
Scout groups are welcome to the resources of Ada Parks and staff to help complete badge requirements, conduct field trips, or rent a facility. Contact the Park office for details, curriculum, fees, and scheduling.
Other Area Programs & Recreation Links
The Ada Township Parks & Recreation Department provides community members with opportunities for the enjoyment of nature and other recreational opportunities. However, there are additional local organizations that serve Ada residents. Below is a list of helpful links:
- T-Ball, Southeast YMCA (Call 616-285-9077)
- Baseball, Thornapple Valley Baseball League www.tvbl.org
- Youth Golf, FHPS Community Services www.enjoylearning.com
- Cheer, FHPS Community Services www.enjoylearning.com
- Youth Basketball, FHPS Community Services www.enjoylearning.com
- Swim, FHPS Community Services www.enjoylearning.com
- Children and Nature Network www.childrenandnature.org
Both Forest Hills and Lowell Public Schools offer a wide variety of youth and teen sport camps during the summer. Visit their websites for more information at www.fhps.k12.mi.us and www.lowellschools.com.
The Forest Hills Public Schools Community Services offers classes in computers, languages, exercise, sciences and visual arts for both adult and children. Check out their website for a complete list at www.enjoylearning.com.