Ada Township Parks and Recreation aims to provide a variety of programming opportunities and events for the community by partnering with other local organizations, providing programming space and resources, as well as offering our own programs and events. Take a look below to find something that you may be interested in, and visit our registration page to learn more and sign-up!
Sports & Fitness Programs
- Fall Adult Softball is back! The season is underway and the full game schedule can be found HERE.
- Ada Cascade AYSO Youth Soccer Program (Fall & Spring Seasons available) INFO & REGISTRATION.
- Zig Zag Ultimate - Youth & Adult Ultimate Frisbee (Fall/Spring/Summer Seasons) INFO & REGISTRATION
Enrichment & Stewardship Programs
- Ada Township Photography Club - Meets one time per month (last Thursday of each month) from 6:30pm-7:30pm at the Amy Van Andel Library, all skill levels welcome, first visit free! Annual membership available HERE.
- Edible & Medicinal Wild Plant Identification - Interested in learning more about edible and medicinal wild plants and how you can identify them? Check out this workshop on Thursday, September 21st from 5:30pm-7:30pm at Roselle Park. $10/person, participants can register at this LINK.
Community & Special Events
- More information on Ada Township Events can be found on the EVENTS PAGE, or by visiting our FACEBOOK PAGE
School Based Programs
Opportunities for PreK-12 schools include guided field trips in the Parks, service learning projects, and rental of park facilities. For details, curriculum, fees if applicable, and scheduling, please contact the Park office.
Boy and Girl Scout Programs
Scout groups are welcome to the resources of Ada Parks and staff to help complete badge requirements, conduct field trips, or rent a facility. Contact the Park office for details, curriculum, fees, and scheduling.
Other Area Programs & Recreation Links
The Ada Township Parks & Recreation Department provides community members with opportunities for the enjoyment of nature and other recreational opportunities. However, there are additional local organizations that serve Ada residents. Below is a list of helpful links:
- T-Ball, Southeast YMCA (Call 616-285-9077)
- Baseball, Thornapple Valley Baseball League www.tvbl.org
- Youth Golf, FHPS Community Services www.enjoylearning.com
- Cheer, FHPS Community Services www.enjoylearning.com
- Youth Basketball, FHPS Community Services www.enjoylearning.com
- Swim, FHPS Community Services www.enjoylearning.com
- Children and Nature Network www.childrenandnature.org
Both Forest Hills and Lowell Public Schools offer a wide variety of youth and teen sport camps during the summer. Visit their websites for more information at www.fhps.k12.mi.us and www.lowellschools.com.
The Forest Hills Public Schools Community Services offers classes in computers, languages, exercise, sciences and visual arts for both adult and children. Check out their website for a complete list at www.enjoylearning.com.