Ada Township Supervisor: Ross Leisman
The position of Supervisor in Ada Township is an elected position. The duties of the Supervisor include (but are not limited to):
- Serves as the townships legal representative
- Sets board agendas with the Township Manager.
- Is a member of the Township Board and serves as chairman on that body.
- Carries out tasks directed by Township Board
- Appoints members of:
In addition, Ross serves as a member of the following:
- Administrative Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Public Safety Committee
- Building, Grounds, and Utility Committee
- Elections Committee
- Capital Improvements Committee
- Township representative to Grand Valley Metro Council (GVMC)
- Also a member of the GVMC executive committee
To view Ross's bio please click here
The Ada Township Supervisor is a voting member of the seven person Township Board. This includes policy making, general township business decisions and zoning related issues.
Freedom of Information Act
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a Michigan statute which gives the public the right to documents regarding the affairs of government, public officials, and public employees. Under the Act, a person has the right to inspect, copy or receive copies of "public records" of a "public body."
Requests for public records that are governed by FOIA must be made by written request to Township Manager and FOIA Coordinator, Julius Suchy. There are charges associated with requests for information. For a listing of current charges, please click here.
To download a copy of the FOIA Request Form, please click here. Contact Township Manager Julius Suchy with any questions via email or by calling (616) 676-9191, ext. 7348.