Tax Payment Methods
Summer tax bills are mailed out July 1st and are due by 5PM September 14. Winter tax bills are mailed out December 1st and are due by 5PM February 14. Residents have the following options for payment:
- As always, you may come into the Township Treasurer’s Office located at 7330 Thornapple River Drive, M-F, from 8AM-5PM, except for holidays. There is a drive-up drop box located at the end of the sidewalk at the Thornapple River Drive entrance.
- You can sign up for ACH, which allows the Township’s bank to deduct payment from your bank. Call the Treasurer’s Office for more information at (616) 676-9191, ext. 27. Forms are also available by clicking here.(internal link to PDF forms, auto tax payment forms)
- You can also make payments with a credit card either in person or on-line. See the back of the tax bill for further instructions. There is a fee of 3% of the tax bill charged by the credit card clearinghouse.
- You can mail your payment to our office by using the enclosed envelope that comes with your tax bill. REMEMBER THAT POSTMARKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AS DATE RECEIVED. ALL SUMMER PAYMENTS MUST BE IN OUR OFFICE BY 5PM, SEPTEMBER 14 AND WINTER PAYMENTS MUST BE IN OUR OFFICE BY 5PM, FEBRUARY 14 TO BE CONSIDERED ON TIME.
- The Township does allow partial payments after July 1st for summer and after December 1st for winter when tax bills are released. Appropriate interest/penalties will apply to the unpaid balance after September 14 for summer and Feburary 14 for winter. All taxes unpaid by March 1st are turned over to the Kent County Treasurer's Office for payment. Please contact them at (616) 632-7500 or www.accesskent.com for amount due.
Seniors and Disabled Citizens of Ada Township
Please take note: you can apply for a deferment for summer tax if your household income did not exceed $40,000 for the preceding calendar year and you meet at least one of the following requirments:
- You are 62 years or older.
- Paraplegic or Quadriplegic.
- Eligible serviceperson, veteran widow or widower.
- Blind person.
- Totally and permanently disabled.
You may pick up a form at the Township Treasurer’s Office located at 7330 Thornapple River Drive, M-F, 8AM-5PM, except holidays. Or you may call (616) 676-9191, ext. 27 to have a form mailed to you. The form is due September 14 by 5PM. If you had a deferment for the previous year, a new form will automatically be sent to you.
A deferment is a postponement of your summer taxes until February 14 without interest or penalty. You are still responsible for the tax payment.
The Township Treasurer's Office is not responsible for payment on wrong parcels.