Parks & Recreation Director
Ada Township is seeking qualified candidates for full-time Parks & Recreation Director position. The current director is retiring after sixteen successful years in the position. The position oversees a full-time recreation program coordinator, full-time administrative assistant and seasonal and volunteer staff as needed.
The Parks & Recreation Director is responsible for overseeing strategic and operational management and development of Ada Township parks and open space preserves, as well as related recreational programs and services, and stewardship activities. The position also coordinates park facility reservation requirements with Township office staff.
General Position Duties Include (See full job description for all duties):
- Facilitate Implementation, Review and Update as necessary of the Five-Year Ada Township Park, Recreation and Land Preservation Plan
- Oversee parks and recreation operations including but not limited to facility and park management, use, access, infrastructure upgrades/improvements, programming, invasive species control, and all other parks stewardship-related functions
- Provide strategic and operational leadership of the department, as well as serving as parks & recreation liaison with the Township Board of Trustees and the public
- Prepare and monitor annual budget for Parks, Recreation and Land Preservation Funds and request budget amendments as needed and prepare Parks, Recreation and Land Preservation five-year capital improvement plan
- Coordinate strategic planning for renovations, acquisition and/or expansion of parks and open space, and stewardship activities throughout Township
- Manage department staff and assign tasks, responsibilities, and projects. Evaluate performance, resolve workload and technical issues, and assure goals are communicated clearly, and achieved
Applicants are required to have bachelor’s degree in Parks & Recreation, Environmental Studies, Natural Resources, Public Administration, or related fields. A master’s degree is preferred. A minimum of five years’ leadership experience with a Parks & Recreation department in either the private or public sector, and a passion for effective and collaborative leadership in this space. Leadership experience in related fields will also be considered. For a position brochure and the job description please click the links below.
Compensation range for the position is $77,165-$100,314 (DOQ), plus a full benefit package (health, dental, vision) including a defined contribution retirement plan with a 10% Township contribution, life insurance, and a monthly phone stipend.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and five professional references to Julius Suchy, Township Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at PO Box 370 Ada, MI 49301 by 5:00 pm on Friday September 15, 2023.
Ada Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maintenance Position – Buildings, Facilities & Grounds Department
Ada Township is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time maintenance position in the Buildings, Facilities & Grounds Department. The position will have a non-traditional schedule and will be Wednesday – Sunday weekly with the work shift beginning at 1 PM and ending at 10 PM (1-hour unpaid lunch included). There is scheduling flexibility depending on the season and departmental workload.
Township facilities associated with the duties of this position include the Township Hall, maintenance building, water towers and pump stations grounds, streetscapes, four active recreational parks, several nature preserves, a library, museum, cemeteries, paved and non-paved trail systems. Within several facilities are amenities such as public restrooms, playgrounds, athletic fields, an amphitheater, parking lots and information systems.
General Position Duties Include (See full job description for specific duties):
- Perform Maintenance on Township Facilities (Buildings, Parks, Trails)
- Seasonal Snow Removal and Landscaping Work
- Assist with maintenance and monitoring of athletic fields and recreation equipment
- Provide custodial services for park buildings, shelters, restrooms and other facilities; maintains reports and inventory of maintenance of custodial supplies and equipment
- Collect and dispose of trash from parks, buildings, trails and other areas
- Operate and maintain maintenance vehicles, equipment and tools
Applicants are required to have minimum of high school diploma, 1 year experience in building, grounds or park maintenance and/or related field. For a full job description please click here - Position Description Maintenance Worker
Compensation range for the position is $21.39 to $27.80 per hour (DOQ), plus a full benefit package (health, dental, vision) including a defined contribution retirement plan with a 10% Township contribution and a monthly phone stipend.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Dennis Brinks, Buildings, Facilities & Grounds Director at email@example.com or by mail at PO Box 370 Ada, MI 49301 by 5:00 pm on Monday September 11, 2023.
Ada Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.