New Resident Resources
https://vote.michigan.gov/mvic...https://vote.michigan.gov/mvic...Dear New Resident:
Thank you for choosing Ada Township as your new home! We hope you'll find this the perfect place to live, work and play! Ada Township has a proud heritage and an exciting future. Our neighborhoods and rural residential areas offer a wide range of housing options, from majestic home sites on rolling meadows and wooded lots teeming with nature, to transitional housing options, and family-friendly neighborhoods with tree-lined streets and great neighbors.
Our business district, Ada Village, is full of quaint shops, art galleries, unique restaurants and necessary service amenities all within walking distance. Please take a look at our New Resident Checklist and let us know if we can help you get settled in. Our Township staff is here to answer questions and assist you with in getting acquainted with Ada Township.
New Resident Checklist
- Register To Vote at your new address. This can be done in person at Ada Township Hall Offices, 7300 Thornapple River DR, M-F from 8AM-5PM, or at any Secretary of State's office when you change your driver's license. Please call with any questions.
- Make sure your Principal Residence Exemption has been filed to lower your property taxes. Visit the Assessing Office / Utilities for more information
- Check to see if you are registered to vote, check your precinct, or other. Visit
- Visit Cascade Branch of the Kent District Library (KDL) to get a library card, sign up for reading clubs, and enroll in children's programs. https://www.kdl.org/.
- Visit the Parks & Recreation Departmentrecreation education programs, or enroll a team in softballPlanning & Zoning Department if you plan on making any improvements or additions to your new home.
- Sign up for resident newsletters, alerts and reminders on any page on this site.
- Pick-up Leaf Collection bags. Leaf collection bags can be purchased at the Treasurer's OfficeTownship Fees (Ada Township Charges and Fees for services including, but not limited to the following: meeting room rental, special meeting requests, Parks & Recreation rentals, cemetery, Planning, Zoning, etc.)
- Register your bicycles at the Ada Fire-Rescue Department for easy identification and safe return in case of theft. You can also get a free child safety seat check, and have your home surveyed for fire dangers and security concerns. Learn where you can and cannot burn in Ada Township. For more information, please visit the Ada Township Fire-Rescue Department Ada Township Code of Ordinances.
- Attend one of Ada Township's upcoming open meetings.
- Sign up you or your children for a Parks and Recreation programs.
- Attend one of the many unique and special events held regularly in Ada Township.
- Visit the Averill Historical Museum to learn about Ada Township's past.
If you cannot find what you are looking for, please visit our Search Option on the Home Page, or email the Clerk